showing or expressing thanks, especially to another person:
I'm so grateful (to you) for all that you've done.
If you could get that report finished by Thursday, I'd be very grateful.
After the earthquake we felt grateful to be alive.
I'm just grateful that I'm not still working for him.
formal I would be most grateful if you would send me the book immediately.
Từ đồng nghĩa
showing or expressing thanks to someone
- gratefulI'm grateful for your kindness.
- appreciativeI'm really appreciative of all the help you've given me.
- I/we appreciateI really appreciate all the help you've given me.
- glad ofWe were very glad of some extra help.
- indebted toI'm indebted to my parents for all their love and support.
- It was a long journey and I was grateful for his company.
- I tried to convey in my speech how grateful we all were for his help.
- I'd be eternally grateful if you could arrange it.
- We are all profoundly grateful for your help and encouragement.
- The authors are grateful for the unceasing support of the editors in London and New York.
Relieved and thankful
- a load/weight off your mind idiom
- bless you! idiom
- owe a debt of gratitude/thanks idiom
- thanks a million idiom
- vote of thanks
Muốn học thêm? Nâng cao vốn từ vựng của bạn với English Vocabulary in Use từ Cambridge.Học các từ bạn cần giao tiếp một cách tự tin.
Grateful or thankful?We use grateful to talk about how we feel when someone is kind to us or does us a favour: …